Small Business Guide
Applying for a loan from any lender requires extensive research and preparation on behalf of the borrower, including development of the business plan, investigating available financing options, and approaching possible lenders. In an effort to better assist small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in this preparation phase, OPIC has compiled a list of resources to form a SME Business Guide. The SME Business Guide serves as navigational tool, guiding investors to helpful OPIC and other on-line resources.
BusinessUSA is a one-stop shop for information on all the U.S. Government Agencies that support American businesses.
How to Prepare a Business Plan:
- Creating a Sources and Uses Statement – OPIC
- Business Toolbox: Template Gallery – Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- SME Tool Kit – International Finance Corporation (IFC)
How to Obtain Assistance & Training:
- Small Business Development Centers – Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SCORE Counselors – Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Women’s Business Centers – Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Minority Business Enterprise Centers – Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
How to Obtain Export Assistance:
- U.S. Export Assistance Centers – U.S. Department of Commerce
- Office of International Trade – Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Export-Import Bank of the United States