Diversity at OPIC
OPIC strives to ensure that its workforce is diverse, inclusive and representative of the populations it serves. OPIC ensures that Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles govern all aspects of personnel policies, program practices and operations to successfully attract and retain a diverse workforce. All phases of employment—recruitment, hiring, evaluation, promotion, transfer, assignment, training, benefits and separation—are conducted in compliance with EEO laws and regulations. Moreover, OPIC strives for a harassment-free workplace.
Compliance with Federal Legislation and Presidential Executive Orders
At a minimum, adherence to D&I and EEO principles and practices will enable OPIC to comply with the following Executive Orders and federal statutes:
- E.O. 13171 “Hispanic Employment in the Federal Government;”
- E.O. 13583 “Establishing a Coordinated Government-wide Initiative to Promote Diversity and Inclusion in the Federal Workforce;”
- “To Authorize Certain Noncompetitive Appointment in the Civil Service for Spouses of Certain Members of the Armed Forces;”
- E.O. 13518 “Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government;”
- E.O. 13548“ Increasing Federal Employment of Individuals With Disabilities;”
- E.O. 11103 “Providing for the Appointment of Former Peace Corps Volunteers to the Civilian Career Services”
- E.O. 12721 Eligibility of Overseas Employees for Noncompetitive Appointments”
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967;
- The Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990;
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963;
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; and
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008.
Additionally, implementation of D&I principles will help to ensure a more substantive and robust response to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and employee and public inquiries into OPIC employment, engagement/retention, D&I practices and EEO compliance.
We scale our impact with unity.
Groundbreaking development is heavy lifting. We make it lighter by leveraging our diverse talents as a united team. We know that collaboration is the shortest path to success.
We thrive on ingenuity.
There are no paths when trailblazing. We pioneer in a world of developmental challenges, designing successful strategies that are creatively sound. Internally and externally, we build on our history of innovative problem-solving for solutions that achieve results.
What separates a good partnership from a great one is simply the level of care invested in our interactions. We respond quickly, listen attentively, encourage often, and advise with respect, because these behaviors create the deep bonds that solidify our united front to effect change.
We share a tireless grit to succeed.
We anticipate obstacles when the goals are big. Yet the enduring value of our work triggers a relentless grit to succeed. And most importantly, we seek to leave the world a little better off than when we arrived.
We choose to serve.
And we do so with honor. We take pride in the worthiness of our mission—we understand the challenges, and we expect to work harder. As global citizens, we are humbled to bring economic opportunities where few exist.